Post 1 - Looking for reference videos for my animation


Clip 1


This is a clip from the western anime RWBY and it consist of a dance scene which I think would work well as my final animation. I feel that the choreography in this short scene would be challenging enough for me to animate as there is a wide range of movement at a high tempo. This would be good for the task as there would be a lot of content that I could animate from this clip for my own character. In this clip the animation is shown through a few camera angles and this could be problematic for looking a few of the seconds in the clip as you can’t see the whole bodies of the character within the scene. This would make it hard to animate as you can’t see the whole postures of the characters.

Clip 2


This is a clip of a fight choreography between 2 characters that I could try and recreate with just one character. This could be challenging because of the different movements showed within the clip and the level of skills needed to animate a scene like this. The positives to this clip are the fact that the camera angle is a side on view which shows off both the characters within the clip and you can see in detail the different movements used. For the 10 seconds of animation I would need to focus hard on just one of the characters just to make it slightly easier with the movements.

Clip 3


This clip is from Horizon Zero Damn and what I wanted to look at is the different game mechanics that effect the way the main character is shown through animation. I feel like this would be the easiest to animate as I would mostly be looking at the way this character moves, moves when crouched, the way this character attacks and defends. The hardest thing to take from this clip is a consistent view point to fully see the characters animation whilst being in the games natural environment. The positive point to trying to replicate these animation are the fact that there is loads of different game play videos on Horizon Zero Dawn meaning I could find more source material to reference on.

Comments

  1. 1. I completely agree with the points which you make for this clip. You have also started to look at the challenge aspect of animating the clip in question and given reasons for why you feel it would be challenging which is great. You have also noted the biggest problem with this clip which is that not all of a character is visible at all times for long enough. To improve I would maybe make it clear which character/specific part of the clip you are going to animate in particular.
    2. This clip I feel would be difficult to replicate with just one character as you would have to animate them reacting at certain points essentially to thin air. This may end up looking a bit tacky as since you are only animating one character, there wouldn't be a visual context easily view-able. The characters actions may look weird. However with your evaluation you have noted out this point which is excellent as I think that this point is the key issue regarding this clip.
    3.I feel a bit unsure with this clip as struggle to see what the end animation would look like. You do say that you would be looking at how the character moves during certain interactions but fail to specify exactly what your end animation would be. However despite this you have backed up this point and you have also made a really good point about reference material.
    Overall you have made excellent and concise points. Every point you have made has been backed up. Plus you have tried to have a wide variety of points. The main thing to work on is maybe specify which parts of the clips you wish to animate in clearer/greater detail.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts