Blog Post 6 - Model Update 4
This
is the 4th model update and I will be going over what I did to create the head. I found this part very trick as I was trying to get the shape of the
head right and accurate to the model whilst trying to lean how to create the facile features. I started with a ball shape and slowly molded it to the shape of my reference image. I then cut it in half and mirrored it so I could mold both half's of the head at the same time. I started with the nose to help give me a
perspective of where I wanted the mouth to be and the eyes. This was quite hard
to create as I didn’t want the nose to over power the other facial features. I
puled the verts out to create the initial shape and the tried to replicate it
on the side view of the reference image. For the look of the nose from the front
I had to look at how wide my reference image. Where the nostrils are I added
circle faces and extruded them in. For the mouth and ears I followed a YouTube tutorial to try and make them as realistic as possible but I found it incredibly hard to replicate. For the mouth my main focus was getting the lips to look the
right size for the face based on how big I had made the nose. The eyes I ended
up using the multi-cut tool to create a eye shape for both sides of the face.
The ears I didn’t work much on as I was falling behind on the project so I
extruded a shape similar to ears and then enlarged the top layer of verts out.
Comments
Post a Comment