Blog Post 10 - Animation

To start this blog off, to help have more control with the rigg, I added control curves to the IK Handles just so I could control all of the joints to create a natural moving animation. This for some reason destroyed my model when I started animating and I could not recover it. What I have learnt from this is that before I start animating I need to make sure that everything is perfectly set and ready before animating. Nothing can be wrong or your model could break. 
Because of this scenario I had to re-rigg my model and because of time constraints I animated every IK handle in set positions. To animate you need to set keys at the bottom move the slider to a new key frame and set again but have your model in a different position. The maya software will more the model between frames in the easiest way so if you are doing a more complex animation you may need to set more key frame closer together to get the movement that you need.

For my animation I was trying to reference a scene from an anime call RWBY and the scene will be linked at the bottom. Because I was only the IK handles I didn’t have as much control over my models movement as I would have wanted to have. I tried to reference the clip as possible but when I couldn’t I add my own ideas to the animation.

To help smooth out the animation I used the graph editor. With all the curves that model take when moving you can smooth out the points in between the frames. The graph editor translates the movements into lines. 

RWBY Shine Dance Scene -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok1v2J5PxTU




Comments

Popular Posts