Blog Post 7 - Final Model and Texturing


This is my final model before the rigging process and after texturing. With a 6000 vert limit I managed to keep my model 1700 under the limit. What I could have done is added them verts to areas that needed to be more detailed or smoothed out the create more of a natural shape. Because I have fallen behind on the modeling I skipped the hair of the reference image and instead made a mohican by extruding the top faces of the head round to the back of the head and pulled it upwards.

With the texturing I couldn’t work out how to uv map and time was getting scarse so what I did was assign materials to parts of the model to give it the colour of a black body suit, skin colour, hair colour and eye colour. I used the lambent material for this.


Next time i'll better organised myself to give myself time to properly learn how to UV map so the model looks better and more realistic.


Comments

Popular Posts